Retreats and Workshops offered in Philadelphia or at your location
Well-Being: Balancing Your Work, Renewing Your Life
Are you feeling the need for more balance, renewal, and resilience in your work and your life? Do you want to approach what you do and who you are in some qualitatively different ways? Is this the time for you to develop some perspectives and practices that will sustain you rather than drain you?
- Revising your limiting narratives
- Using well-being self-assessments and learning to make specific course corrections
- Experiencing mindfulness and self-compassion practices
- Learning to reduce the negative impact of stress on your life and work with the practices of HeartMath® and Open Focus Attention Training®
This retreat will get you started on developing a plan for composing your next chapter so you can move toward sustained well-being and cultivate resilience.
Cultivating Conflict-Competence: A Half-day Workshop
Conflict is inevitable—in our personal and work lives. In this workshop you will:
- Recognize perspectives and practices that can tilt an interaction toward constructive engagement of differences and conflict
- Learn your own tendencies and hot buttons
- Use the Conflict Dynamics profile to observe and reflect upon your conflict dynamics
- Develop actionable insights and a personalized plan for cultivating your own conflict-competent leadership
Building Personal Resilience: Introducing HeartMath Practice
Given some of the inevitable stresses and challenges in our lives and times in which we live, we can often feel overwhelmed and “out of sync.” There are some simple practices of HeartMath that can replenish us and also us attend to the deeper wisdom of our own heart intelligence. We can actually build our capacity for resilience. HeartMath is based on over 25 years of scientific research on the psychophysiology of stress, emotions, and the interactions between the heart and brain. In this workshop you will learn how to use the depletion to renewal grid tool, how foster coherence and how to incorporate some basic practices of HeartMath alone or along with your meditation practices.
Navigating the Threshold of Mid-Career
Each season of our life and work has its own rewards and challenges. By the time we are mid-career, we are facing questions, decisions and discernment that would have never occurred before. How we navigate and respond to this critical period of life/work has an impact on our personal, spiritual and work lives. Mid-career is a particular threshold that may feel age-related or related to where you are in your own professional development. Mid-career can feel as if we are “in the middle” of our life/work, with some years behind us but still in sight of the finish line. We get to self-define it.
Finishing Strong, Ending Well: Crafting the Culminating Chapter of Your Career
Are you planning to retire from full-time work during the next two to ten years? This event will help you make these years a vital, intentional time for culminating your career and also a time of exciting preparation for what’s next. The experience will not only help you to prepare you for the next stage of your life/work, it will also help you work and plan effectively with the personal, relational and spiritual issues so you can aim to finish strong and end well your active work life.